When Bill talked about going home, I guess he wasn't kidding. We all figured he meant back to Iowa where he was born, but no. He started mentioning it about a week back at the diner. He told people goodbye and gave some of his stuff away. We were worried at first but then he assured us he wasn't dying, just going home.
Last night was the last time any of us saw him. He was at the bar shooting pool for a bit, had his usual 2 beers and then said so long. I saw he headed up towards the wayside and I thought about following him since it was not in the direction of Iowa but I thought he was having one last drive for old times sake.
I did however see the multicolor light show in the same direction. I still don't fully understand what that was about. But I reckon Bill does.
No comments:
Post a Comment