Monday, September 27, 2010

Soft As A Rose



The day was dreadfully dreary but I was determined to enjoy myself in the park. I flollowed the winding path to this little wooden area which held a small little fountain along with a wire table and chair. I let out a big sigh as I plopped down in the chair. I was tired. I had high hopes of clearing out this cluttered mind of mine but so far it wasn't working.

I had closed my eyes to focus better on the clearing process when I heard a little giggle. I peered around but saw no one. Shrugging, I close my eyes once again. That is when I felt it brush my cheek. A kiss soft as a rose followed by more little giggles.

I let out a small gasp of surprise as my hand reaches the place where I felt the kiss. To further my surprise there was a rose petal there.

I get up and look around for someone, anyone but the area was empty. I turn to look at the fountain and there on top was a statue of a darling angel blowing kisses and in his hands was a rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment