Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Time still continues to pass

Wow, it has been since September of '09 since I wrote last. Things have been moving forward as things tend to do. I must admit my feelings and so forth either move backwards or stay the same. That is not good.

Brian is in jail and will remain there until who knows when. I have an interview with a parole officer regarding his sentencing. I honestly don't know what to say. I don't know what will be asked first off but I am betting "what do you think Brian should get?" will be a question.

I think Brian should get smacked in the head with a tire iron a couple of times is my first reaction. Obviously, I can't say that. I have come away with being a realist through this whole ordeal.

Reality check: God is in control. God is working in many people's lives through this situation. Some to bring to repentance, some to test their strength and character, and some that are just innocent bystanders. I would like to believe I am in catagory number 2. I must admit I am falling short. But it also gives me many opportunities to think about number 1..GOD IS IN CONTROL.

I don't know if Brian has had time to actually think about what he has done and if he feels the least bit sorry for what he has done aside from feeling sorry he was caught. But God does. God loves him regardless and God is willing to forgive him if he is sincere in his heart about wanting forgiveness. I am called to love him..with God's love not my own and forgive him...with God's forgiveness, not my own. So with God's help, I am trying.

But then that just opens the door to another twist in this tale........

No comments:

Post a Comment