I wrote yesterday about me...which is completely self-absorbed but I did get to think about where I was a few years as compared to where I am at today.
First let me start off by saying I am weird and at any given time weird stuff will come out in normal conversation just for the fun of it or to lighten the mood or cause I am bored. Several years ago, that was frowned upon by many good Baptists women. If you want to follow God then you need to be pious, serious, and normal. Look at all the examples in the Bible, do you see laughter there? Do you see humor? Unfortunatly, I tried to live up to their expectations, not God's. That really made me depressed and think that God must hate me. I felt I was never good enough and would continually slip and fall.
Now......let me follow up by saying that I am in no way a good Baptist wife. In fact, I am not even a good Baptist. But that's ok. I am standing on the solid rock so I know who I am and that it is alright to be me, to have this weirdness about me. I have also learned that God indeed has a sense of humor and a darn good one. I myself love the irony in the book of Esther involving Mordechai and Haman. I also recently read the 4 Gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and I found myself laughing at some of the things Jesus to them or others.
It's hard to get to know Christ through the written word but when you experience the relationship with him...it gets pretty easy to make him a bit more human. I am quite sure he laughed more than once. I am also quite sure I make him laugh more than once. Which is good. I love to make people laugh and if I can succeed at doing that then I figure it is gonna be alright. I'm learning to use my powers for good.
One thing I have noticed is that my kids are just as weird...bless their little souls. They make me laugh and I want laughter to fill the house. It does the soul good, wouldn't you say?
No comments:
Post a Comment