Pretty original huh? "Thoughts" Well, everyone has them, including me. I guess it just depends on what those thoughts are. I don't know what other people think about but I am sure they fall into the same different catagories such as Happy, dark, depressing, romantic, X-rated, etc., etc.
My thoughts are currently on a Spiritual nature. I was in church last night listening to a man talk about "Laboring for Christ" as is mentioned in 1 Corinthians. It is a verse meant to encourage followers to continue on following Christ even when the going gets tough. The verse is written by Paul, the zealot witness who really shaped Christianity back in the day.
I have read the book of Acts and various letters written by Paul to the different churches and I sometimes long to be like him. I myself am more like Peter...a braggert who is inconsistant in his walk with God. Not that he didn't get straightened out after awhile, but he sure had some grandious moments while he was Christ.
What gets me is the zeal of Paul. In the beginning, He was so adament in the persecution of the Christians. He followed them everywhere, vowing to destroy them and the churches. Then the encounter with Jesus changed all that. He was struck blind for three days and shown all the things he was to go through and it was still full steam ahead. The same zeal he had against the Christians was used FOR them instead.
I don't have that zeal. Is my upbringing? Maybe the time I am living in? I just know that I myself need to look at the fact that God, the same God who created all the universe, became a man to live among us, to know and feel everything we feel. Yes, I know...when you read about things in the Bible there isn't much extra narrative to add emotion. Yes, it is in there..find all the verses that mention Jesus sighs...there are quite a few. But laughing, telling jokes? I think they did laugh. They were human as well as Jesus. He sighed in frustration, he sighed in sadness, he sighed in weariness.
I believe the conclusion to my thoughts..which I am finding are quite random, is the zeal I lack is something that had to be there before hand. I can't replicate it in myself no matter how hard I try. But then I believe that is where that verse from Philippians which says "I can do anything through Christ" (Lynn version)
No comments:
Post a Comment