That's right, I am in a rut. I think to some degree I have settled into this rut like a wooden wheel would fall into a rut in the long dusty road it is traveling. I have tried...well barely..to get out. I am somewhat comfortable to a degree.
It makes think back to what I wrote about yesterday concerning Paul and his zeal to follow Christ. As I said before, I don't have that zeal and I can't manufacture it on my own so henceforth the rut.
I have determined in my mind that I would like to get up early, do my daily devotions, exercise for 30 minutes and then start my day of schooling my children. But so far I have gotten up later, skipped devotions AND my workout and went straight to the teaching part.
So sitting in this rut all I can do is ponder on why I am in here and cry out to God to get me out. I need to determine in my HEART to do what I need to get my day started out right. Just as Daniel determined in his heart not to defile himself.
I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment